Well, not really into a bar, nor is that the punch line to a joke coming next, but they were all at the bible study I attend on Tuesdays. It was awesome to see Alon, Heim, Kevin, and Mariella all together. Seriously, I don't think one would find that mixture of cultures together in a peaceful, loving manner in many places. It is cool to see how the Lord can orchestrate events that they could all be here at the same time and be able to encourages us and each other. Even amongst themselves they really seemed to just flow really well together, feed off each other, and just be able to have lots of fun together. To borrow some words from Kutless, there is a joy inside of them, one that I know only God could originate, with just one smile I could see the faith we share inside. It is just exciting to be able to see all of them and hang out. Once they leave, it's hard to know exactly when we will meet again.
I am also excited that Kevin and Mariella along with Ken and Mary and the fam will be down in Florida at the tail end of my trip there. I am sure there will be a lot of laughs being able to meet up with them. God is good.
I ran across this article today on ESPN about Bill Werber, who just past away at 100. He was the oldest living major league player. The article talks of how he was teammates with Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig. Wow! Two all-time greats. Its hard to imagine sometimes there are people alive who actually saw Ruth play. I just think of how much a man like Bill Werber had seen throughout his life...two world wars, the first cars, airplanes, a man on the moon, all the way to the dawn of the internet age. I would have to think he could never have dreamed of all that he would see through out his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment