Sunday ended the Hall of Fame festivities for 2009. It is interesting to see so many people from across the country flock to Canton and be part of a first-rate festival and celebration. The community does a great job in representing Canton and shows great hospitality to the many new patrons that greet them at the beginning of August each year. I am always appreciative of being able to return to the HOF and help out with the preparations for and production of the enshrinement. This year was no different. I got acquainted with new friends and got to enjoy reminiscing with old ones. I got a chance to eat breakfast and mingle with Hall of Famers. I even got to chase down a cheerleader bus to deliver them pizzas. But what I think I will remember most about this years HOF enshrinement was being on the sidelines for the game watching my friend, Dustin, suit up for the Buffalo Bills. It wasn't that many years ago that we were teammates at GlenOak playing at Fawcett Stadium. Now, I was able to see him living a dream of playing in the NFL, just a few feet away from me, right here in Canton. How awesome is that!
No comments:
Post a Comment