
I got a chance to go to the opening ceremonies and the USA vs. France game for the IFAF's Junior World Championship of American Football. It was exciting to see 8 teams from around the world come to Canton to play in such an event. Olympic spirit was in the air as the teams were announced prior to the last game of the evening. You could tell that each team took pride in representing their country. Ronnie Harris, a Canton-native and 1968 Olympic Gold Medal winner in boxing, ran the torch for the event around the field and lit the main torch to signal the beginning of the tournament. I am glad to see Canton be able to hold such an event and hope that it has an impact on the players/coaches involved as well as the community.
I saw an interview of U.S. Soccer's Jozy Altidore on Pardon the Interruption. I was very impressed by his interview, the way he was able to convey himself, and answer some questions that may have tried to lead him to a particular answer. He is only a 19 year old kid, but I was impressed with his maturity on camera, and makes even a non-soccer fan like me want to follow how he is doing on the world's stage.
Record of attended Indians games: 1-5
2009 MLB Games attended: 7 to date
Bobbleheads received this year: 4 to date (0 last game)
No comments:
Post a Comment