I spent some time in Cleveland this week, enjoying it thoroughly. Some people like to give Cleveland a bad rap, but it really does have a lot to offer. I went with my family to see the musical, Chicago, mid week, at the Palace Theatre in Play House Square. The musical was excellent. And it just reminds me of the times I spent down at Play House Square, while in college. Cleveland really has a great theatre district (2nd largest theatre complex in the US besides NYC's Lincoln Center) with great shows coming through all the time.
Saturday, Justin and I met up with a couple friends from Case to hang out. We got dinner at Latitude 41N (thanks to Richey for having a gift certificate there). Good food and atmosphere. It's located in the Gordon Square Arts District on the West Side and is part of the Detroit Shoreway. Looks to be a growing area with more young people moving in and makes for a cool Cleveland neighborhood. The Capitol Theatre is located there also, which is a renovated 1920's theatre. It is where LeBron James's movie, More than a Game, premiered.
And a great article by Bill Simmons on the buzz surrounding and fun of watching Cleveland's LeBron James play.
I used to work right next to Gordon Square and was back for a visit a couple months ago. I was so excited and encouraged to see how much they're improving the area.
ReplyDelete