
COOPERSTOWN
The beginnings of our trip centered around the thought of traveling to Cooperstown, NY to visit the Baseball Hall of Fame. For Justin and I, it had been almost 19 years since we had lasted strolled the hallowed halls while at the 1990 induction of Joe Morgan and Jim Palmer. Even as compared to a 7 year old, the Hall of Fame still seems as grand as my memories reflect. I was pleased to enjoy the Bullpen Theater exhibit, because it is exactly as I remembered it so many years ago. Such good memories.

The town itself is very picturesque. Reminiscent of a small town in New York like Washington Irving centered around in the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. The town all points to its centerpiece as the Main Street is lined with restaurants and shops devoted to baseball. We ate lunch across the street at the Short Stop Cafe (as we did as young lads).

Above is a picture of Doubleday Field. A beautiful ballpark used to host the Hall of Fame game as well as many other local games throughout the season. We saw a few teams walking throughout the town as we visited. Cooperstown is a place I would like to return to visit every year or two. I love to take in the beauty and quaintness of the town and be able to continue to relive and build new memories of baseball; its history, timelessness, and character.
Record of attended Indians games: 1-2
2009 MLB Games attended: 4 to date
Bobbleheads received this year: 2 to date (0 last game)
No comments:
Post a Comment