Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Armenia



It has been two weeks since I returned from Armenia, so I thought it was time to start sharing some of the stories, pictures, etc...  Here I wrote a piece for High Mill's website that will give you a bit of an idea of what we did.  This should be one of many posts highlighting the trip, thoughts while I was there, and pictures of the beautiful surroundings and great people.  For now I just want to recount dinner with a few friends.  Here is part of a journal entry dated 6/17/2010, Vanadzor, Armenia.  More to come later.  Enjoy and God bless.


Today at dinner, I was sitting next to Z and his wife with their little girl, Sieona (I was told it meant Sinai in English).  It was so sweet to see his wife pray for the meal with their two year old daughter.  Mother and daughter folded their hands together and gave thanks to the Lord.  It is awesome and inspiring to see parents instructing their children at such a young age in the ways of the Lord.  It makes me want to do the same thing when I have children.  They exemplify Proverbs 22:6:

Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.

So precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment