No, I'm not asking you to think, or even to ponnnnnnnnnder (check out Ron Ponder on 1480 WHBC), no I'm talking about THINK, the magazine of Case Western Reserve University. It is an enjoyment when I receive the magazine in the mail. I like the design the editors/creators put together. It is crisp and clean, classic yet modern. As a I flip through the pages, I'm reminded of a conversation between Chris Connelly and Bill Simmons, in which Simmons says of magazines that he determines how good a magazine is by how much time he can spend just flipping through it. With that mind set, Think's, a good magazine. I always have an enjoyable time flipping through it and reading it too.
There's always an article or two that stick out to me in each issue. And this was no exception. The first article was about CWRU graduate, Rich Sommer, who stars as Harry Crane on AMC's critically acclaimed series Mad Men (quite a good show). I didn't realize he was a Case graduate until I read this article, but found out he received his MFA from Case. The second article was one remembering Case Institute of Technology alumnus, M. Frank Rudy, who passed away this past December. He was the man who developed Nike's air sole technology. Pretty cool. I'm always amazed to find out things I did not know about alumni of CWRU and about the many different things going on with the University and people related to it. Keep up the good work, Think!
No comments:
Post a Comment