Friday, February 20, 2009

Rec-Specs


While watching a little bit of the Illinois State vs. Niagara bracketbuster game, I noticed a Niagara player wearing Rec-Specs. I remember my formative years wearing them playing basketball before getting contacts in 9th grade. You really do not see many players wearing them anymore at any level. I have yet to see any kids I've coached or coached against wear them. Maybe contacts have become more comfortable and cheaper, so not as many people have to get Rec-Specs anymore. Growing up though it was good to see a player like Horace Grant in the NBA wearing them. To have a good player and a teammate of Michael Jordan wearing them was cool to see as a youngster.

1 comment:

  1. I need to make an addendum to my post. We scrimmaged the 5th grade team tonight and there was a player wearing Rec-Specs. I knew they didn't go out of style.

    ReplyDelete